TRAVEL INSURANCE FOR AUSTRIA
Many foreign nationals who spend time in Austria often have no or inadequate insurance coverage. Unfortunately, illnesses and accidents cannot be entirely avoided, which can potentially lead to substantial financial losses.
Whether you are traveling for personal reasons or on business: Our insurance plan will protect against costs for medically necessary treatment.
This insurance plan is available for persons, who are temporarily staying in Austria or other member states of the European Union, Switzerland, Liechtenstein or the Schengen states.
It can be obtained by foreign nationals or Austrian / German nationals with permanent place of residency abroad for more than 2 years. The maximum duration of coverage – including all possible extensions – is two years.
This insurance plan fulfills all official requirements for a Schengen visa.
It is not sufficient to meet the needs of MA35 though. Please use this insurance plan to fulfill requirements for stay permits in Austria.
suitable for persons travelling to Austria
entry age 0 – 74
minimum insurance period is 1 day
valid in Austria, EU member states & Schengen area
provided by CareConcept AG
|Age||0 - 64 years||65 - 74 years|
|up to 90 days||EUR 1.00 / day||EUR 2.95 / day|
|91 - 180 days||EUR 1.35 / day||EUR 3.70 / day|
|181 - 365 days||EUR 1.95 / day|
EUR 50 / month
|EUR 4.95 / day
EUR 126 / month
|366 - 730 days||EUR 2.40 / day|
EUR 75 / month
|EUR 7.90 / day
EUR 242 / month
Overview of benefits
Terms & Conditions
INSURANCE COVER AT A GLANCE
- inpatient treatment in the hospital (shared room; standard care class)
- outpatient treatment by legally recognised and licensed physicians
- ambulance services to the hospital for inpatient treatment
- coverage of costs for medically prescribed medications and dressings
- coverage of costs for medically prescribed massages, medical packs, and inhalers
- prescription medical aids following an accident
- pain-relieving dental treatment and repair of dental prosthesis
- additional costs for medically necessary repatriation up to EUR 25,000
- transport in case of death / burial costs up to EUR 25,000
MORE USEFUL INFORMATION
- satisifies requirements for a Schengen visa health insurance
- stay in home country up to 6 weeks / policy year for insurance contracts with a duration of 1 year or more (prior written notification required)
- Deductible per insured event EUR 25,00.
- Please refer to the GTCI below for a complete list of benefits. Please note that the English translation is for convenience only. The legally binding version is the German one.