HEALTH INSURANCE FOR STUDENTS, AU-PAIRS IN AUSTRIA
This insurance plan is tailored to meet the special needs of students and au-pairs in Austria. It complies with all requirements by Austrian authorities for application of residency, stay permits, or visa issues. After signing up for this insurance plan you will receive a confirmation which will be accepted by Austrian authorities, i.e. MA35 in Vienna. (Click for details about required insurance cover.)
This insurance plans is also suitable for visiting school students, scholarship holders, doctoral students, college/university students, language school participants as well as participants in exchange programs, language courses, and international projects in institutions of higher education.
The costs are reimbursed according to the currently valid official schedule of fees for doctors and dentists in Austria (scale of fees). Please refer to the GTCI below for a complete list of benefits.
This insurance plan reimburses in accordance with the regulations of the Austrian regional health insurance providers and fulfills all official requirements of foreign insurance in Austria.
It also complies with all the requirements for a Schengen visa.
suitable for Persons who do not possess Austrian citizenship and who did not hold permanent residency in Austria
entry age 12 – 35
minimum insurance period is 1 month
valid for stays in Austria
travelling to home country and EU can be covered
provided by CareConcept AG
Price overview for contracts 1 month – 365 days:
|Age||12-35 years / education *|
|Price / month||EUR 51.00|
Price overview for contracts with unlimited cover:
|Age||12-35 years / education *|
|Price / month||EUR 56.00|
This insurance plan is available to students, language school participants, visiting academics, working holiday travelers, work ‘n’ travel participants, au pairs, interns, trainees, and volunteers.
Insurance at a glance
Description of insurance cover
Insurance claims FAQ
INSURANCE COVER AT A GLANCE
HEALTH INSURANCE COVER
- “all risks” as required by Austrian laws [i.e. by MA 35 in Vienna]
- satisifies requirements for a Schengen visa health insurance
- inpatient treatment in the hospital (shared room; standard care class)
- outpatient treatment by legally recognised and licensed physicians
- patient transport to the hospital for inpatient treatment
- coverage of costs for medically prescribed medications and bandages
- medical aids up to a maximum of EUR 2,500.00
- medically necessary dental treatment (simple execution), at 100%.
- annual dental check-up & annual teeth cleaning
- medically necessary dental prosthesis (including repairs) at 80% of the reimbursable invoice amount up to a maximum of EUR 750.00 (Attention: it is absolutely necessary to submit the treatment plan and cost estimate, otherwise only 50% will be covered.)
- Accident-related dental prosthesis (including repairs) at 100% of the reimbursable invoice amount up to a maximum of EUR 3,000.00 (Attention: it is absolutely necessary to submit the treatment plan and cost estimate, otherwise only a maximum of EUR 500.00 will be covered.)
- medical aids up to a maximum of EUR 2,500.00
EXISTING MEDICAL CONDITIONS
- Existing medical conditions can be covered when stated in the application form
- Some existing medical conditions can be covered, other existing medical conditions might have to be excluded from the insurance cover
- An additional insurance premium can be charged to cover existing medical conditions
- If not stated in the application form, there will be no cover for existing medical conditions
Travelling to your home country:
- Insurance period up to 14 days (for contracts with a duration of < 4 months)
- Insurance period up to 28 days (for contratcs with a duration of > 4 months)
Travelling within the EU (except home country):
- Insurance period up to 30 days (for contracts with a duration of < 12 months)
- unlimited cover (for contracts with a duration of > 12 months)
Please note: The insurance company must be notified in writing before the start of your stay abroad.
PREGNANCY AND CHILDBIRTH
- Pregnancy examinations and treatments – provided that the pregnancy did not exist at the start of the insurance coverage or when applying for a policy extension
- Delivery (waiting period 8 months)
REPATRIATION & OTHER COVER
- Additional costs of medically advisable, medically prescribed return transport to the home country
- Transfer costs and funeral costs in the event of death of the insured person up to EUR 25,000
The insurance policy has to be taken out before entering Austria OR within one year of entering Austria.
Renewal (follow-on policy): Should your stay last longer than planned you can take out a follow-on policy before expiry of the original policy. The insurer must explicitly approve it, which can be difficult.
Our recommendation: Start your insurance plan with a maximum duration of 364 days or with unlimited cover. You can cancel your insurance contract prematurely should you leave Austria for good or in case you are entitled to public healthcare in Austria. An administration fee of only EUR 5.00 [five] will be charged on every refund of premium paid in excess.
Will this insurance plan be accepted by Austrian authorities for stay permits / student visa / au-pair health insurance?
If you are not sure how long you will need to have private health insurance, we strongly recommend signing up for a maximum duration of 364 days or unlimited cover. You will be able to terminate the contract if you leave Austria for good or as soon as you are entitled to public healthcare, so our insurance plan offers maximum flexibility.
treatment. At this point, we would like to point out that you are obliged to pay the fee if the costs are not covered by the insurance or only partially covered, irrespective of the fact that the invoice issuer sends the invoice directly to Care Concept AG.
Care Concept AG
P.O. Box 30 02 62
Please note your insurance policy number on the documents (this number is also printed on the medical treatment certificates that you receive when you take out the policy). If you have already paid the invoice, please note this clearly on the invoice or in a separate letter. In this case, we would transfer the reimbursement to the policyholder account we have in our records. Please inform us of the correct bank details or if your bank details have changed. If, for understandable reasons, it is not possible for you to send your request for reimbursement by mail, you can also send it to us electronically. Please note that in this case we explicitly reserve the right to request the original invoice from you in individual or review cases. Our e-mail address for the submission of claims is: firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to process your claim we always need the name of the disease/illness (diagnosis). As a rule, your doctor has already noted it on the invoice. Please check the invoice as a precaution, however, and ask the doctor to add the diagnosis if necessary. X-ray or laboratory invoices often do not contain any diagnoses. In this case we also need the invoice of the attending physician who arranged the examination. If you do not yet have the invoice from the attending physician, we ask you to please inform us briefly and to send us the invoice as soon as you receive it. We will then check your entitlement to benefits and pay out the reimbursable costs to the specified payee, in accordance with the policy terms and conditions.
You can also reach our qualified contact persons outside our business hours at the 24-hour service number, which you will find in your policy documents. We ask you to please use this telephone number, especially in cases of emergency.
I am in the NAFTA countries (USA, Canada, Mexico) and have to see a doctor. What do I have to consider?
MedCare International Inc.
12480 West Atlantic Blvd, Suite 2, Coral Springs, FL 33071, USA,
office hours: Monday through Friday 08:00 – 17:00 (EST)
Phone: +1 954.345.5650, Fax: +1 954.340.4245
E-Mail: email@example.com, Internet: www.MedCareInternational.com
MedCare will be happy to assist you in finding a doctor, organizing medical assistance, answering questions about the health care system, but also in providing other assistance. They will also issue declarations of assumption of costs following an assessment of a claim. This not only ensures a competent choice of doctor for you but also the avoidance of any financial burden. Outside MedCare’s office hours, you can also contact our 24-hour hotline in cases of emergency if you are staying in the NAFTA countries.
Are there any outpatient or inpatient services for which I have to submit an application for cost coverage to Care Concept before starting treatment?
– Plannable diagnostic examinations, including imaging procedures such as, in particular, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computer tomography (CT), positron emission tomography (PET) and computer positron emission tomography (CT-PET),
– oncological treatments (e.g. radiation, chemotherapy),
– palliative medical care,teilstationäre
– partial inpatient treatment/day hospital treatment,
– medically necessary follow-up treatments (rehabilitation measures),
– outpatient surgeries,
– medical repatriation in case of injury or death
Are there any dental services for which I have to submit an application for cost coverage to Care Concept before starting treatment?
Are dental cleanings and preventive dental check-ups covered by Care Austria international health insurance?
– Screening for the early detection of cancerous diseases
– Screening for early detection of cardiovascular diseases, kidney diseases and diabetes
– preventive medical check-ups to ensure the normal physical and mental development of children
Is there a statutory deadline for submitting invoices? Can I also submit invoices when I am back in my home country?
- Illnesses and consequences of accidents, the treatment of which abroad was one of the reasons for commencing the journey to Austria
- Treatments which, at the start of the journey, were determined to have to take place in the course of the planned journey
- Illnesses, including their consequences, and the consequences of accidents and deaths that are caused by nuclear energy, acts of war, or active participation in riots and are not explicitly included in the insurance coverage
- Spa and sanatorium treatments and rehabilitation measures, outpatient treatment in a spa or at a health resort
- Withdrawal measures including withdrawal treatments
- Treatments by spouse, partner in a legally registered civil partnership, parents or children
- Treatments by the policyholder or persons with whom the insured person lives within his/her own family or a host family
- Treatment/accommodation caused by infirmity, need of care or custody
- Pregnancies and their consequences at the beginning of insurance coverage or when applying for a policy extension
- Immunization measures
- Medical aids that first become necessary within the insured period (not as a result of an accident)
- Treatments due to sterility, including artificial insemination
- Treatments for HIV infections and their consequences, detected before commencement of the insurance coverage or upon applying for a policy extension
- Suicide, attempted suicide and their consequences
- Organ donations and their consequences
For a complete list of benefits see the insurance conditions.
The policy can be terminated at the earliest on the date on which Care Concept AG in text form receives the corresponding notification. An administration fee of EUR 5.00 will be charged on every refund of premium paid in excess.